Advertiser: CB ConsultingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Nov 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
An opportunity exists for an experienced General Manager to lead and drive the associations strategy, positioning HIANZ for growth and deliver exceptional value to its members, their customers and industry suppliers.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the main purpose of the role includes;
- Providing leadership to HIANZ members and drive optimal performance across the association.
- Drive industry safety and commercial awareness, build membership and increase awareness of the industry by the wider community.
- Engage with local and national government and other organisations to promote the interests of HIANZ members.
- Develop a close working relationship with the Board, supporting the executive leadership of the business.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement and ensuring the associations profitability is maintained and best practice standards of conduct are met.
To be successful in this hands on role you will need to possess a broad range of skills and experience including;
- Senior leadership experience with strong commercial acumen and sufficient financial training to cover both statements of financial performance and position.
- Strong computer literacy and in-depth knowledge of Information Systems, sufficient to review and lead continuous improvement.
- Experience in conference planning and logistics including communication and interaction with exhibitors and conference attendees.
- Proven track record of organising regional and national meetings for a diverse range of attendees.
- Communications and Public Relations experience.
- An understanding of and experience in the Hire Industry sector is advantageous.
Currently the position allows for a home office situation and location is open for consideration. Competitive remuneration is offered.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been seeking please contact Caroline Beder 027 230 4307 for a confidential chat or apply online with CV and cover letter.
- How many years' experience do you have as a general manager?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?