Chef de Partie
Advertiser: Scenic Hotel GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Nov 2019
- Hawkes Bay, Napier
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Chefs/Cooks
Are you an experienced Chef who has a passion for food? Do you also have a track record in delivering food of a high standard and in a timely manner? Do you have a keen eye for detail and work well in a fast-paced environment? If you have the above qualities, we would love to hear from you!
Working as part of a dynamic and friendly team, you will have existing experience in a commercial kitchen environment and be able to work unsupervised with a high level of attention to detail. You will need to be a confident individual who is flexible and able to work well under pressure. Key responsibilities for the role include the daily preparation for service, cooking and plating of meals, following direction from the senior chef on duty and general kitchen duties. All applicants must exhibit a passion and flair for food as well as a commitment to exceptional customer service.
The ideal candidate will:
- demonstrate excellent time management skills and an eye for detail
- have a proven ability in an a-la-carte kitchen, preferably in a hotel environment
- have completed a 2 or 3-year on-the-job apprenticeship, including study towards an NZ Certificate in Hospitality or NZ Certificate in Cookery
- have at least 2 years experience in a similar role
Where will I work?
Styled to complement its remarkable location on the edge of the beautiful Hawke's Bay, our Scenic Hotel Te Pania boasts design awards for its style and offers an unmatched level of service. A fresh, contemporary style hotel, Scenic Hotel Te Pania is just a short stroll from Napier's main art deco style streets.
About the company
At Scenic Hotel Group www.scenichotelgroup.co.nz we pride ourselves on offering true Kiwi hospitality at our 18 hotels in New Zealand and the Pacific. From Paihia to Dunedin to Niue our three brands, Heartland Hotels, Scenic Hotels and Te Waonui Forest Retreat, offer distinct levels of quality, comfort and value
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a chef de partie?
- What's your expected annual base salary?