Level 2 Technical Support Engineer
Advertiser: VetPartners Australia Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $55,000 - $60,000
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
About the business
VetPartners is a leading operator of Veterinarian Clinics in Australia, New Zealand & Singapore, with a diverse IT environment across 140+ locations – with 15+ of those locations in New Zealand.
VetPartners operate an independent "Join Us. Stay You." model providing clinics with a high level of autonomy at site level. Our aim is to be an employer and operator of choice in the Australian, New Zealand and Singaporean markets and are actively developing a culture and purpose to achieve these aims.
About the role
Reporting to the Technical Services Team Lead, this person serves as a point of contact with internal clients in order to solve incidents and action requests. This person needs to possess exceptional troubleshooting and excellent customer service skills in order to maximize results on each interaction.
Based in Auckland, you will be the primary support engineer in New Zealand, so the ability to work both independently and as part of a remote team is imperative. You must be passionate about customer service, and enjoy being part of a high performance team.
We are looking for a motivate and proactive person, with all round IT skills. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role and MUST be Microsoft Certified.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing customer service, first level and second level technical support for inbound client calls, emails, or any other type of self-help requests.
You will also be responsible for all onsite work that needs to be performed within the greater Auckland area, as well as coordinating local onsite agents for other NZ locations.
You will be an initial point of contact as well as an escalation point for technical problems, perform troubleshooting tasks, problem diagnosis, resolution, or escalate further to specialist teams.
Technical Support also includes the setup, installation, and configuration of server and networking hardware and software.
You will be responsible for assisting all customers with their questions about any of our supported software and computing platforms to the best of their ability, in a professional and courteous manner.
Skills and experience
- 3+ Years' Experience an IT Support Role
- Microsoft Office 365 (including Exchange Online, OneDrive and SharePoint Online)
- Microsoft Windows Desktop & Server
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Extensive networking knowledge (DNS, DHCP, routers, switches, firewalls, WAPs)
- Telephony (on-premise and hosted)
- Network Printers
- Service ticket systems and handling
- The ability to communicate fluently in both oral and written form
- The ability to mentor team members and collaborate with peers
- Strong attention to detail and excellent customer service orientation
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- MCSA/MSCE in either Office 365, Windows 10, Server 2012, Server 2016
- Azure or AWS Certified
- Working knowledge of Project Management principles
- Previous experience at a Managed Service Provider would be highly regarded
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you available to provide on call support when required?