Intermediate Software Engineer
Advertiser: Merlot Aero LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
Intermediate Software Engineer - Auckland
The airline industry faces pressures like few others – highly regulated, deeply competitive, ultra-visible and with incredibly tight margins. Worldwide over 800,000 pilots and crew must be perfectly aligned with flight schedules in ways that balance on-time performance, cost, compliance and crew satisfaction. That is where merlot.aero comes in. We unleash insights for high performance crews through powerful optimization and mobile automation software. A New Zealand success story, merlot.aero ensures 1.5 million perfect flights a year (and growing). We have a team of 115 strong, an amazing central Ponsonby location, and exciting plans for investment in growth and innovation.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will be responsible for building, testing and deploying back and front-end software using agile methodologies and contributing to the automation, integration and deployment process for your code.
You will work on ML prototypes that will drive the future of our products and delight our customers by the value surfaced to our customers from their own data in the short term.
You will coach junior engineers and be coached yourself. This is an exciting opportunity to grow your capabilities as a software engineer in an exciting and complex domain.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Merlot is looking for a passionate intermediate software engineer. Someone who is ready to learn something new with a company solving problems across multiple airlines. You love building product and seeing the benefits in the hands of the customer. Merlot work in a complex space delivering aircraft, crew and day of operations tools to airlines in a SaaS model. Our products manage millions of commercial flights every year and that number is growing fast!
Some of the core aspects of the role will include:
- Contributing to the development effort within the team.
- Applying software best practices and processes, ultimately providing value to the team, customers and organisation.
- Supporting the design, development and deployment of technical solutions.
- Code but also be actively involved in technical design discussions with other engineers, architecture, SME’s, and customers.
- Maintaining clear and regular communication with internal stakeholders.
- Coaching more junior engineers through code reviews, lunch time sessions and watercooler conversations.
You enjoy building products and platforms that are mission critical, getting into the detail, being challenged and the process of building great software. This is an opportunity to actively contribute and leave your mark with a global leader in flight optimisation.
Technical skills and experience required are:
- Computer Science or Software Engineering degree.
- At least 4 years’ work experience as a developer using C#
- 1 year’s experience deploying to Microsoft Azure or similar cloud platforms.
- Experience working in an agile delivery environment.
- Webservices (Web API) and Microservices
- Knowledge of .NET Framework and design patterns.
- Good SQL Server and T-SQL.
- Must love TDD, automation, and taking responsibility for code quality.
- A strong desire to innovate, experiment and make positive change.
- High level of problem-solving capability and pragmatism.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Airline Experience including working with regulations and day of operations
- Exposure to building and deploying software using CI/CD pipelines
- Experience or Interest in Machine learning and Data Science
- Experience using Python
JOINING OUR TEAM:
- Innovative New Zealand software success story headquartered from fantastic central Ponsonby location
- Team events and lunches
- Great culture with strong values