Airline Baggage Handling Agents
Advertiser: SwissportMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Nov 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Aviation Services
Swissport is the world's leading provider of ground and air cargo services, active at 315 airports in 50 countries across all five continents. We're known for our highly motivated and dynamic team, delivering the highest standards for our clients, along with a memorable passenger experience.
Working at Swissport has so many different aspects and one thing is for sure: there is never a dull moment. Swissport employees throughout the world enjoy the diversity of working with a range of airlines and the unmatched career opportunities available with a growing, innovative company.
To ensure our continued success, we focus on driving innovation in key areas such as service, quality and reliability. We live by our core values of People, Professionalism and Partnership. Our people are most important to us and their dedication is the foundation of Swissport’s success.
At Swissport, we offer industry-leading training, and, with hard work and a desire to achieve, the career possibilities are endless. At Swissport we never stop looking for better ways to do things and we’re known for our “can-do, will-do” attitude.
Baggage Handling Agents play an extremely important role in a busy airport operation, and in ensuring airport safety and security. It’s a varied role with lots to learn and opportunity to work with a range of different aircraft.
The airport is a fast-paced and safety focused team environment. The work hours are variable to meet airline schedules, and include early starts, late finishes and weekends. Swissport provides comprehensive training, uniforms and airport car parking.
What would make you stand out for this role?
- You're focused on delivering exceptional and safe service
- You're committed to learning and personal growth
- You're confident and can stay calm under pressure
- You have excellent presentation and grooming
- You're organised and can manage your time well
- You're physically fit and able to lift 32kg
- You have a driver's license
- You have basic computer skills
- If successful, you would need to undertake security/background checks including Federal Police Check, pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and dangerous goods training at your own expense prior to commencing training.
Looking for a new challenge?
If this sounds like you, and you’re looking for a new challenge, and a rewarding new career, we could be good together! Apply now!
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Please note: Only permanent residents of Australia or New Zealand, or those who have the right to work in Australia or New Zealand may apply.