Long Term Conditions Facilitator (part-time)
Advertiser: Te Awakairangi Health NetworkMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Nov 2019
- Wellington, Hutt Valley
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
The Long Term Conditions (LTC) Facilitator is a fixed term role supporting the Long Term Conditions programme which aims to improve outcomes for people through practice planning, and comprehensive, flexible and customised care for individuals.
The LTC Facilitator works with primary care practice teams to facilitate practice planning, claiming and monitoring of long term condition services and expected patient outcomes. The role will work closely with TeAHN clinical programme facilitators, the Health Care Home team and clinical pharmacists. It will require flexibility to work across programmes, with the ability to align and deliver consistent services to Hutt Valley general practice teams. While being flexible is key, the following will be critical to performing well in this role.
- Clinical background, e.g. nursing, therapies, pharmacy, ideally with an understanding of primary care and preferably long term conditions management
- Partnering with, and empowering practices on their journey of change
- Strong relationship skills
- Strong data and financial skills
- Self starter and be able to progress your work with minimal supervision
- An understanding of principles around health equity and the capacity to translate this into action
- Be confident to support general practice teams to plan, develop and embed the changes needed to successfully implement their Long Term Conditions plans
- A commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi – partnership, protection and participation – and comfortable working with Māori organisations and communities
TeAHN is based in Lower Hutt, and the role is 0.3FTE (12 hours/week) on a fixed term basis to 30 June 2021.
Te Awakairangi Health Network is a dynamic and innovative organisation that plans, funds and provides a wide range of primary care health services to people living in the Hutt Valley.
Further information, including a job description and an Application for Employment form, is available from email@example.com or phone 04 570 3035. Applications close 5.00pm on Sunday, 24 November 2019.
Only applicants with New Zealand residency or a valid NZ work permit for the full term of employment will be considered.