Whanau Ora Mokopuna Tamariki Specialist Fixed Term
Advertiser: Raukura Hauora O TainuiMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Nov 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Raukura Hauora O Tainui is committed to the development of Whanau Ora. We are seeking a fixed term dependable and flexibleWhanau Ora Mokopuna Tamariki Specialist to join our friendly and high performing team.
The ideal candidate will be someone with a professional and friendly manner, exceptional customer service skills, and a team player who is able to work alongside a large team as well as the ability to work autonomously.
You will be familiar with to work with the wider Whanau Ora teams to coordinate a Whanau Ora Integrated approach to the provision of Before School Checks and follow-ups for tamariki aged 4 – 7 years with a focus on improving whanau and tamariki outcomes.
The role ionvolves:
- Focus on improving child health outcomes
- Conduct comprehensive Social Needs assessments for priority whanau and tamariki mokopuna.
- Work with Government agencies towards successful outcomes for whanau and tamariki mokopuna.
- To provide whanau with the support necessary to resolve potentially complex issues which impact on their ability/desire to access these services.
- Planning, implementation and review of appropriate interventions, in conjunction with the supervisor, and where appropriate, the wider Raukura Hauora o Tainui Whanau Ora teams.
- Provide Links and consultation between whanau, the community and service agencies.
- Contribute as a team member in all facets of Raukura Hauora and service delivery. Refer to support services and other providers as necessary, to ensure that the whanau have the opportunity and resources available to make an informed decision.
We offer training to facilitate the role however experiences working with Tamariki, working with whanau at risk and working in the community is preferred.
If this sounds like you and would like to be part of an awesome team please send us your resume, cover letter and any other relavent documents. Applications close 30 November 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience working with children?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- What's your expected hourly rate?