Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Advertiser: Wilton JoubertMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering
Geotek Solutions is a small, hard-working but fun-loving engineering company that’s a part of the Wilton Joubert Limited Group. We have been in business for over 20 years and have grown from strength to strength over the last few years, mastering the Auckland Region.
Due to recent growth we are now seeking a motivated and experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer/Geologist to join the team in our Manukau office.
This position will require you to provide guidance and supervision to junior geotechnical staff and similarly interact with clients on a regular basis.
- Geotechnical engineering qualification or equivalent
- Attained or in final process of attaining CPEng
- Minimum 8-10 years of Auckland based experience
- A high knowledge of New Zealand and internal design codes and practices
- Experience and knowledge of complex geotechnical issues and cost-effective resolutions
- Awareness of slope stability, including foundation and retaining wall design
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to relate effectively and professionally to people at all levels
- Self-motivated and disciplined, with a proven focus towards achieving set targets
- Passionate about project delivery and ownership
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent documentation and computer skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
To be the “go-to” person for geotechnical engineering related inquiries.
Work across all disciplines to develop suitable solutions.
Work closely with the structural and civil design engineers, clients and architects to deliver suitable founding solutions.
Ensure proper documentation of all completed work.
Maintains up to date working and technical knowledge of procedures, standards, and codes.
Assist assessments of the potential risks of specific projects, as well as undertaking risk management in specialist roles.
Provide quality check and review experience to an appropriate technical standard.
Plan, program and coordinate geotechnical projects, to deliver the agreed outputs on budget, on time and to the agreed quality standards.
Develop and mentor younger staff.
Be actively part of the Health and Safety Culture of the organization.
- A competitive salary with room to grow
- Experience working on a wide range of projects
- A casual and fun work environment with frequent social activities
- Well-being benefits e.g. health insurance and gym membership
All interested applicants please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
If you have any further inquiries please call the main office at 09 527 0196
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a geotechnical engineer?