General Manager G.J. Weck & Sons Ltd
Advertiser: Tandem BusinessMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Papakura & Franklin
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
About the role:
We’re looking for a highly capable and experienced GM to grow our well-established wood products business to become a market leader. This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity to take the business and our team to the next level. With strong leadership you will be required to understand, then review our current operations, improve efficiencies and then develop and implement the business growth strategies to grow current markets and expand into new markets. The GM will be well supported by the Board and based in Patumahoe, Auckland.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as GM and excellent knowledge of process management
- Very good sales and marketing skills and experience
- Proven track record of people skills including conflict management
- Great time management capabilities
- An exceptional customer-centric attitude and approach.
- Tertiary qualification preferred.
- Design and lead company strategy to achieve the business vision
- Manage the day to day operations of the factory through managers and supervisors This includes production planning, purchasing, cutting, assembling, and delivery
- Oversee the finance and accounting function through the company accountant
- In conjunction with sales staff, prepare marketing and sales strategies and plans. Monitor and report on outcomes.
- Oversee (including set up where necessary) and support all admin functions including HR, IT, Compliance, Premises Management, Workplace Health and Safety and Training
- Ensure the highest quality products and service is delivered to customers
- Embraces and implements GJ Weck & Sons cultural settings throughout the business and role models them
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you have the skills, attitude and ability to perform the above role and desire to lead our family business to the next level. APPLY NOW.
Applications close: 12pm, Wednesday 20th Nov 19
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a general manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have with change management?
- What's your expected annual base salary?