Director of Netball
Advertiser: Mount Albert Grammar SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
Mount Albert Grammar School has a long tradition of sport and the school is proud of its success at the highest level. From 2008 to 2016, and in 2018 the Premier Netball team placed 1st or 2nd in the NZSS competition. We have a strong foundation of netball with a huge number of teams competing in the Auckland Netball competition across all levels from Year 9 to Year 13.
We seek a suitably qualified person to lead and manage all netball within the school and to ensure the MAGS netball program is always at the pinnacle of Secondary School Netball. They will lead the netball program setting the highest of standards and expectations, and work to ensure all teams have the resources they need. They will coach all Academy classes and provide a strategic plan for growing the program and the succession of players within it. It is expected they be part of the team management for the Premier team. The successful candidate will support our school-wide sporting culture underpinned by The MAGS Way values.
The Director of Netball is a full-time position and the successful candidate must be available during the school day, for all after school trials, trainings, weekend games and tournaments during the year; in particular UNISS and the NZSS tournament.
- Significant experience in netball coaching at a high level
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible and be committed to providing a positive sporting experience for all students
- Good English skills; both written and verbal (i.e. spelling and accuracy, ability to draft letters and reports).
- Ability to work and perform well in a sometimes demanding environment by following set procedures and adhering to school policies and guidelines.
- Team leader and team worker.
- Professional appearance and manner.
This is a full-time position (which includes some weekend work)
Start Date: January 2020
Please refer to Join Us under the School section on our website (www.mags.school.nz) for the job description.
Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you have questions about this role, please contact Allie Wright, Mount Albert Grammar School’s Director of Sport, for further details firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your cover letter, CV and completed Mount Albert Grammar School Staff Application Form to Sarah Hayes; email address email@example.com.