Support Officer - Admin assistant
Advertiser: North Shore CMAMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- up to $24 an hour depending on experience
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
North Shore CMA is a not for profit that runs day centres for the isolated elderly in the North Shore and Hibiscus Coast region.
A vacancy has arisen for a Support Officer to join our small team. This role is a part time role of 15 hours per week (days to be negotiated) for 46 weeks per year and is based in the support office in Takapuna. Some flexibility is available around school holidays and hours / days worked for the right candidate.
We are seeking a person who is passionate about community with preference given to proven charity work in a similar environment. Experience with funding applications is a huge bonus.
The primary objectives of the role are:
- To support the goals and activities of CMA by assisting with maintaining and accessing new funding streams.
- Provide administrative support to the Manager
- To occasionally assist at the CMA centres when the need arises including covering for centre Supervisors
Preferred qualities and skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication in English ideally with experience in constructing funding applications
- Empathy with older people
- Proven coordination and administrative skills, preferably in a community environment
- Ability to work constructively in a team
- Ability to use initiative and to perform in unsupervised situations
- High level of organisational skills and computer literacy
- Experience in marketing or engaging corporate sponsorship would be an advantage
- Sense of humour
- Clean NZ driving licence and use of own car
- Some flexibility with days that set hours are worked
This role will not commence until February next year ( after the school holidays).
Please email Rachel@cmans.org.nz from more information and a full job description. A full copy of your CV and cover letter can also be sent to this address.
More information on what CMA does can be found on www.cmans.org.nz or call the office on 09 4898954
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?