Defence Finance Officer
Advertiser: Australian High CommissionMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Nov 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
AUSTRALIAN HIGH COMMISSION
Defence Finance Officer Salary NZ$53,123 + KiwiSaver employer contribution equivalent to 6% of salary
Due to the security requirements of the position, applications from Australian citizens or dual New Zealand/Australian citizens can only be considered.
The Defence Section in the Australian High Commission co-ordinates Australian Defence engagements and activities within New Zealand, Cook Islands and Chile.
We seek an organised and flexible finance officer to join our small, friendly team.
- Management of accounts payable and receivables including general ledger transactions
- Develop an annual budget and reporting variances for the financial year
- Processing and reconciliation of Australian Defence staff allowances
- File management of finance related information
- Preparation of residential leases for Australian Defence staff
- Assistance with events and other duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong accounts payable/receivable or general book-keeping skills
- Understanding of budget building
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong data entry skills
- SAP knowledge advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to work autonomously and handle sensitive information.
Hours are full time (37.5hrs per week) however for the right candidate, reduced hours may be considered. We are located in a modern office in Thorndon with complimentary staff gym, squash court and comprehensive leave entitlements.
You will be required to handle confidential information and will be required to undergo a security and police check. Your ability to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance is essential.
To apply, please visit our webpage at http://www.newzealand.embassy.gov.au for the job description. Applications including a one page pitch and CV of no more than 3 pages should be forwarded by NZ time 4pm Tuesday 10 December 2019 to email@example.com. Please also include supporting documentation (passport/birth certificate) to satisfy the above security requirements.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?