Heavy Fabricator Works Manager
Advertiser: Farra EngineeringMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Nov 2019
- Otago, Dunedin
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Supervisors
About the business
For over 150 years Farra has been a central part of the engineering community within the South Island. As a full-service engineering company our team provide innovative and practical engineering solutions to a wide range of local and international customers.
Our solutions are raising the bar and include creating and revolutionising access maintenance equipment, building storage tanks and silos, breathing new life into some of the biggest dams across Australasia and much, much more…you name it, we can create it. As part of our team you won't have a boring old job, you will have variety, with projects always pushing the boundary of the possible, and the foundations for a life-long career.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Heavy Fabrication Works Manager to lead our Heavy Fabrication team. Farra's Fabrication department specialises in heavy fabrication, site welding, repairs, maintenance, and installation works.
This role will be based at Farra's Dunedin manufacturing site and offers you a great opportunity to grow and develop. Motivation and a willingness to embrace new learnings is a must.
The main focus of the role includes:
- Leading and managing a team of tradespeople and associated technical support staff.
- Production planning and resource allocation to meet customer expectations.
- Managing workforce requirements.
- Working with the managers of other departments to meet internal and client driven outcomes.
- Ensuring safety and well-being of all staff.
- Preparation of sales quotations.
- Driving engineering excellence within the business.
- Monitoring capacity and utilisation gaps.
- Maintaining and improving our quality systems.
Benefits and perks
What's on Offer:
- Joining a progressive solution focused organisation that can do like no other with proven results.
- Becoming part of a dedicated customer focused team, where people matter.
- The chance to build a successful career with ongoing career and development opportunities.
- Competitive Remuneration.
- An environment where interactions are conducted in a straight up manner.
Skills and experience
We require people with the below attributes:
- Strong leadership and people management skills in a Fabrication and / or engineering environment.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Good computer literacy.
- Experience with manufacturing-based ERP systems such as M1.
- Ability to maintain high quality standards in line with our SFC ISO certification.
- Experience with competitive manufacturing tools and systems.
- Ability to work positively and collaboratively.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Apply online now!
To find out more about Farra and the excited projects we get to be a part of please visit: www.farra.co.nz.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?