Advertiser: JBHRMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
This busy professional services business ibased in Newmarket is looking for an experienced Finance Manager.
Reporting to the CEO, this role is hands on and will include financial operations and management (AP, AR, transactional accounting etc.), internal control policies and procedures, preparation of tax returns and period financial statements.
Key Accountabilities will include (not limited to):
- Preparing and interpreting monthly management accounts and annual accounts / reports
- Presentation of the financial report to the board
- Preparing and filing of tax returns – GST, Income Tax etc.
- Bank and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Revenue recognition processing and analysis
- Monthly invoicing and collections
- Oversight of the payable & payments
- Analysing project margins and variances
- Meeting all transactional, payroll, taxation and company law requirements
- Managing the day to day cash inflows and outflows and cash forecasting
- Preparation of annual business plans and period forecasts in consultation with the leadership team
- Developing and ensuring effective compliance with policies and procedures
- Maintain working relationship with the bank, suppliers & customers
Ideally you will be:
- CA/CPA with a 3-5 years post study experience in accounting functions. Experience with Xero accounting software would beneficial.
- You have a motivated and positive attitude, coupled with a sense of humour and the ability to work autonomously.
- Proactive, and confident in putting your ideas forward around areas for improvement
- Appreciation of being in a small team environment where you roll up your sleeves.
There is a great, professional team to work with and minutes walk from the new Westfield Newmarket shopping mall for lunchtime outings.
We can accommodate either a pre or post-Christmas start date so if you are interested in a new challenge for 2020 then please apply today. Applications close 22nd November 2019