CAD Technician/CNC Programmer
Advertiser: Acorn FurnitureMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Nov 2019
- Tasman, Rest of Tasman
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Other
About the business
Acorn Furniture Group is leading the way in NZ with high quality NZ made furniture. With the latest technology and processes, Acorn has a strong customer base, is values driven and has an excellent reputation within the industry and wider business community.
At Acorn Group we pride ourselves in providing high quality furniture to the NZ Agedcare, retirement, healthcare and residential furniture markets and this role is very instrumental in that process.
You will enjoy the benefits of living and working in the sunny Tasman Bay region, where the housing is affordable, the traffic flows freely and we are surrounded by excellent schooling options, amazing beaches and enticing outdoors!
Check out the range of products we manufacture online www.woodwrights.co.nz and www.acornfurniture.co.nz
About the role
We have an opportunity for a hardworking and motivated CAD Technician / CNC Programmer. This is a challenging and interesting role that is critical to the smooth operation of our Production Centre. If you love being busy, thrive under high volumes of work and like to be valued for your work ethic, expertise, accuracy and efficiency, this could be a good opportunity for you.
1. Use Alphacam and Xilog Plus to program for SCM 5 Axis cnc
2. Use Autodesk inventor to create furniture models
3. Put cutting lists into factory and load programs to both CNC machines
4. Design custom products to customers specifications, consulting them throughout the process when needed.
5. Use Alphacam and Woodwop to Nest programs for WEEKE 3 Axis cnc
The Successful Applicant will have:
- A fantastic, positive, can do attitude
- A passion for learning and hard work
- Fit, healthy and enthusiastic
- A good understanding of numeracy, literacy and problem-solving ability
- Be production orientated
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Be a quick learner
- Ability to follow and retain instructions
- Attention to detail with good time keeping skills
- Highly motivated, reliable and honest team player
- Good communication skills and English, both written and verbal
- Display a positive attitude to Health and Safety
Benefits and perks
What we will provide for you:
1. Private Medical insurance after 3 months
2. Competitive pay rate and incentives
3. Training on all processes and software
4. A great culture with many perks along the way
5. Nice new offices with the latest technology and curved monitors
6. Annual performance reviews with opportunities for a career
7. Flexible hours
Skills and experience
A minimum of 5 years' experience in CNC Programming and CAD modelling
Experience in Alphacam, Xilog Plus, Autodesk Inventor and Woodwop are advantageous
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?