Merchandiser/ Retail assistant
Advertiser: Liquorland SouthgateMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Papakura & Franklin
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Retail & Consumer Products, Merchandisers
About the business
We are a new Liquorland store in a great location with brilliant customers. We are NZs premier retail liquor banner with great products systems and processes. This is an opportunity to build your retail skills and demonstrate your love for the products that we sell - full training will be provided
About the role
The role exists to ensure that we have products fully stocked in all areas of the store and to assist ans serve customers. Make no mistake this is a selling role on many levels, there is a large component of restocking and stock handling. You will need to be strong and fit
You will need to be outgoing and reliable. The role requires weekend work.
Benefits and perks
- We offer the chance to learn about a full range of products and express your interest in particular product categories such as craft beer, premium spirits and a full range of wine
- We are centrally located in a great area where customers are coming to buy their premium meat seafood and fruit and veg, our products partner their special occasions
- This is a great way to really get to know retail and move into more senior positions as your skills build.
- If you are a merchie that aspires to be a great rep then we are the place to learn what your future customers will value most
Skills and experience
You will need an eye for detail, be fit and strong and not afraid to roll your sleeves up to get the job done.
Above all you must enjoy interacting with people.
Ideally you've had recent merchandising/ sales/ hospitality experience.
Ideally you hold the LCQ, a Managers cert would be a real advantage.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- How many years' experience do you have as a merchandiser?