Onsite Support Engineer (L1/L2)
Advertiser: CycloneMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Nov 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Our business is rapidly growing and we are looking for a new team member. We don't lock our support engineers away in cupboards at Cyclone, instead we expect you to be comfortable interacting with our customers and your co-workers.
We will provide you all the tools you need to do your job, as well as a broad range of opportunities for training and development of your skills. Oh….and we'll pay you for it too!
The Onsite Support Engineer is a customer facing role that undertakes tier 1 and tier 2 onsite support for our Cyclone customer. This role is Education based.
Critical Job Requirements
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Proven self-starter who can work without supervision
- Recent successful experience in computer support
- Basic experience with networks, wireless networks and cloud services
- Ability to solve technical problems
- An uncompromising desire to assist customers
Highly Desirable Job Requirements
Experience in some of the following areas is preferred but not essential:
- Recent computer qualifications
- Recent experience within a ServiceDesk or service type industry
- Apple and/or Windows desktop support experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft O365 and/or Google Apps
- Experience working in the education sector
- Experience working with Audio Visual and automation equipment
- Previous experience working within a medium to large network
Who we are
Cyclone is a trusted partner operating within the education and government sectors of New Zealand.
We hold supply agreements with a number of Tier 1 vendors to customers including All of Government participating agencies, universities, schools, local councils and SMEs.
We are a business that focusses on all aspects of IT hardware and software procurement, service requirements, professional development and infrastructure design and implementation.
If this sounds like you, please apply through the link at the bottom of this application.
You must currently live in New Zealand and be eligible to work here to apply for this position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 2 technical support?