Reporter/Videographer - Queenstown
Advertiser: Allied Press LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Nov 2019
- Otago, Queenstown & Wanaka
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Journalism & Writing
If you're passionate about shooting creative news videos then you'll love making them in the adventure tourism capital of New Zealand.
Allied Press Queenstown wants a news-hungry and creative videographer who's ready to thrive in one of the most exciting news areas in the country.
They'll work in our bustling Queenstown newsroom with a team of experienced reporters well-used to breaking stories of local, national and international significance.
We're proud of what we do so we want a creative and videographer with a thirst for exclusive stories and who can make engaging content for our many platforms.
On any given day they'll shoot for our fiesty weekly publication Mountain Scene, for our flagship daily newspaper the Otago Daily Times, and for ODT online and the South Today.
Our newest team member will have a recognised video qualification or on the job experience, and have the skills needed to report on everything from skifield openings and formal meetings, to celebrity visits and the work of key political figures.
We want them to thrive on pace and change, to work well under pressure, to be well organised and to have the flexibility to take direction and to drive and deliver their own ideas.
The ability to edit and voice video is desirable. Court reporting experience and a knowledge of local body politics would be a bonus, as is shorthand.
- Competitive and attractive salary package
- Chance to live in New Zealand's adventure capital
- Contribution towards relocation for the successful candidate
- Our focus is local content
- Career development opportunities
- Independently owned news organisation
- Room to move within the organisation with bureaus across the South Island
- Long-term commitment to Queenstown
- A flexible attitude is needed as this role includes evening and weekend work
Clean Full NZ driving licence essential.
Allied Press Limited employs over 460 people on a permanent basis across our 15 sites in the South Island. We operate across multiple media platforms (print, on-line, digital) delivering news, information and entertainment through our various regional and city publications
If you think this role is for you, please apply by way of CV and a covering letter. Informal inquiries about the role are welcome and should be directed to Louise Scott at email@example.com who is happy to talk you through the role.
A copy of the job description can be requested from HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are by way of CV and covering letter.
Applications close on Tuesday 19 November 2019
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please note you must have the right to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
Disclaimer: Allied Press does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Allied Press is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in journalism?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as a journalist?