Reporter - Queenstown
Advertiser: Allied Press LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Nov 2019
- Otago, Queenstown & Wanaka
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Journalism & Writing
Are you ready to make a difference in one of the most competitive and exciting news areas in New Zealand?
Allied Press Queenstown wants another ambitious and experienced reporter to join its busy newsroom in the adventure tourism capital of the world.
They'll seek news for our feisty weekly publication Mountain Scene, and our flagship daily newspaper the Otago Daily Times.
Our newest team member will have more than five years experience as a journalist and be ready to report on everything from skifield openings, new tourist offerings and formal meetings, to celebrity visits and the work of key political figures.
They'll be a great writer and strong photographer and they'll have an unquenchable thirst for news. They'll break stories of national and international significance, and those that matter to a community nestled in one of the biggest and busiest growth areas in the country.
We want them to thrive on pace and change, to work well under pressure, to be well organised and to have the flexibility to take direction and to drive and deliver their own ideas.
Court reporting experience is a bonus, as is shorthand. A knowledge of local body politics is desirable. The ability to shoot and edit video, and a strong grasp of social media, is a bonus.
- Our focus is local content
- Career development opportunities
- Independently owned news organisation
- Room to move within the organisation with bureaus across the South Island
- Long-term commitment to Queenstown
- A flexible attitude is essential as this role includes evening and weekend work.
A clean Full NZ driving licence essential.
Allied Press Limited employs over 460 people on a permanent basis across our 15 sites in the South Island. We operate across multiple media platforms (print, on-line, digital) delivering news, information and entertainment through our various regional and city publications
If you think this role is for you, please apply by way of CV and a covering letter. Informal inquiries about the role are welcome and should be directed to Louise Scott at email@example.com who is happy to talk you through the role.
A copy of the job description can be requested from HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are by way of CV and covering letter.
Applications close on Tuesday 19 November 2019
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please note you must have the right to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
Disclaimer: Allied Press does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Allied Press is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in journalism?
- How many years' experience do you have as a journalist?
- What's your expected annual base salary?