Physical Skills Educator - Go4it
Advertiser: Sport Bay Of PlentyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Nov 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Other
Physical Skills Educator
Sport Bay of Plenty is looking for a Physical Skills Educator to deliver the GO4it fundamental skills programme to schools in the Western Bay of Plenty region.
The GO4it programme was designed and developed by the community through the Kiwisport consultation in 2009/10. The GO4it programme is a games based approach to teaching both fundamental movement skills and sport based skills in a variety of primary schools across the region.
The Physical Skills Educator will be primarily responsible for working with primary schools to develop physical literacy of primary school students & build capability of primary school teachers:
- Deliver practical sessions to the WBOP primary schools in fundamental movement skills
- Provide a wide range of play, physical activity and sporting opportunities that meet the needs and wants of the young people within the school
- Support schools with the ongoing planning of the GO4it programme and liaise with Fundamentals Lead timetable changes / additions.
- Provide teacher professional development through delivering expert sessions in fundamental skills.
- Work in conjunction with the Fundamentals Lead to understand the need for further support in schools where needed.
This role delivers the Get Set Go Athletics NZ Programme along with a multiskills and multisports programme for students on a daily basis. You will need to be highly energetic, well organised and be able to develop unit and session plans linked to the NZ Health and Physical Education Curriculum. You will also need to be highly confident working alongside teachers, principals and being part of the school environment.
We are recruiting for someone who can multi-task easily and manage several moving components at once. The right person will have/be able to demonstrate the following:
- 1-3 years delivery experience in a school or sport environment
- Diploma / Bachelor or equivalent in teaching, sport, or physical education.
- Sports specific coaching qualifications
- Working with teachers in professional development area
- Be able to plan and develop unit sessions
- Delivery / coaching knowledge and experience
- Understanding of Te Reo and Tikanga
- Conflict resolution
- Planning skills
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment
More detailed information and a full job description can be found on our website https://www.sportbop.co.nz/about-us/employment/.
Queries can be made to Calvin Buttimore (School Sport Team Leader) - firstname.lastname@example.org & 021 841 856
Applications for this position close Wednesday 4th December 2019 and interviews are intended to be held on Monday 9th December 2019 at Sport Bay of Plenty’s Tauranga Office.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?