Advertiser: Maisey, Harris & CoMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Nov 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Business Services & Corporate Advisory
• Xero People’s Choice 2019 • Xero NZ accounting partner 2018 • Strong Family Culture • Business Facilitators & Enablers •
When was the last time you pushed the pedal to the metal? At Maisey Harris & Co (MHCO), we have this approach to everything we do. We are not your typical Chartered Accounting business, we have a fresh new approach to Accounting and Business Development. We focus on empowering our clients to succeed by pushing boundaries, providing accurate and timely information and allowing business owners to realise their true potential.
A successful team beats with one heart. At MHCO, we believe that great work needs an inspiring environment to thrive. We are all about having a team that gels, is collaborative and enjoys each other’s company.
We are currently on the hunt for a proactive and passionate Intermediate Accountant who will complement our already tight knit high-performing team.
About the role:
We require a focused, tech savvy and capable individual who will bring energy to the team. This role will focus on actively managing a portfolio of clients, where you will be their primary business partner for all queries as well as focusing on the compliance side of our business. You will have a heavy emphasis on the efficient and accurate completion of a large number of GST returns and management reports every two months, as well as preparing financial statements, monthly reports, forecasting, and tax returns.
Key responsibilities include:
- Complete/Preparation of statutory reporting and GST returns;
- Preparation of management reports;
- Financial statement prep;
- Business forecasts & budgets;
- Other – RWT, FBT etc; and
- Effective client nurturing.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in a Chartered Accountant’s office;
- Ability to effectively communicate and assist clients with queries and support;
- Self-driven with the capability to work autonomously and stick to deadlines;
- Experience using Xero would be beneficial but not essential;
- High competency level with the Microsoft Office Suite of products; and
- Must align with our core values.
This is an exciting opportunity to showcase your business savvy skills within a growing business. MHCO likes to have fun in the workplace, so have created a great social atmosphere, the team drink lots of coffees (or herbal teas!) and enjoy the odd Friday afternoon drink.
For more information and confidential enquiries, please contact Nathan on 021 351 651. To apply, please email a current cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Midday on Friday 20th December 2019.