Advertiser: QBEMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Underwriting
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Reviewing applications immediately.
QBE Insurance Group is one of the world's top 20 general insurance and reinsurance companies, with operations in all the key insurance markets.
We are currently recruiting for an Underwriter to join the high performing SmartPAK underwriting team at our Auckland office. This is an exciting opportunity for either a current underwriter seeking a change or an individual with strong administrative experience looking to move into the underwriting space.
You will manage a portfolio of business for your allocated brokers. The mix of business is predominantly Business Assets, Business Interruption, Construction, Commercial Motor, General Liability and some Marine and Accident business. The SmartPak team focusses on Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SME business).
To succeed in the role, you will have the following attributes.
- Ability to build strong relationships with our intermediated partners, delivering timely and professional service.
- Ability to effectively manage workflow and prioritise in a high work volume environment,
- An understanding of the end to end insurance operational process.
- A commitment to quality outcomes.
- A desire to contribute to the development and success of the CBD team.
- Demonstrated initiative and commitment to supporting and delivering change and continuous improvement.
Our business, our culture
Working at QBE, we recognise the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace and support a range of flexible work arrangements to promote a better family/life/work balance. We offer you a dynamic workplace culture, one that values and leverages the unique ideas, capabilities and experiences you bring irrespective of where you are in the world.
We believe this strengthens our ability to deliver on our business goals, particularly as it relates to innovation, growth and our focus on customers.
At QBE, you will be provided with a competitive remuneration structure and benefits, in an environment that offers support, and encourages career development, learning and flexible activity-based working to enable work and life integration.
If you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity, and believe you have the right attributes to succeed in this role, please click the APPLY button now using the link below.
All internal applicants are required to advise their manager prior to applying