Advertiser: Te Pae Christchurch Convention CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Programming & Production
Te Pae Christchurch Convention Centre
- Based in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Full time position
Opening in October 2020, Te Pae Christchurch is a world class convention centre, purpose-built for the most modern city in New Zealand. A key focal point of Christchurch’s regeneration, Te Pae Christchurch will provide a social hub for local residents, and position the region as a world-class conference destination, bringing with it opportunities for economic growth, innovation, knowledge sharing and social change for years to come.
An exciting opportunity to be a part of Te Pae Christchurch’s pre-opening team is now available. We are looking to appoint an experienced Production Coordinator to deliver audio visual production requirements for all events held at Te Pae Christchurch Convention Centre.
As the Production Coordinator, you will assist with planning all lighting, sound and audio-visual technical requirements for events, entertainment performances and other general production requirements. Where required, you will liaise with artists and/or suppliers to ensure the provision of contract requirements in relation to production are adhered to and operational at all times.
Our people are the most important part of Te Pae Christchurch. You will nurture a culture that delivers service excellence, high quality standards and values of manaakitanga, to ensure clients’ briefs are met and a successful event is delivered every time.
Te Pae Christchurch is proudly managed by ASM Global, a highly experienced venue management group with a long-standing track record of successfully operating and marketing convention and exhibition centres, theatres, arenas and sporting stadia across the world. The international reach and global meets local approach of ASM Global provides a host of opportunities for networking and career advancement for all casual and permanent staff.
- Deliver client requirements as outlined in the event order.
- Provide support and recommendations to clients during the event planning and execution stages.
- Management of technical and operational equipment.
- Supervision of permanent and casual event operations staff.
- Assist the AV Production Manager and Senior AV Production Coordinator with department targets.
- Develop effective relationships with other department team members and Centre staff through appropriate communication and a positive attitude.
- Comply with all legislation relevant to the venue and event management industry, industry guidelines and best practice.
- Achieved a minimum of NCEA Level 3 and hold a current driver’s licence.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar position in a convention centre, large hotel or public facility.
- Knowledge of conference and event set-ups and etiquette.
- Current knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety practices.
- Knowledge of the operation of audio-visual equipment.
- Knowledge of IT and telecommunications capabilities and capacities.
- Knowledge and understanding of quotation procedures.
- Willingness to work as a team member.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Can do attitude without compromise of safety.
The role requires flexible working hours, the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants must have New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Criminal History Check.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of this exciting pre-opening opportunity with a world class convention centre in the heart of Christchurch, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 5pm 17th November 2019.
About ASM Global
ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the merger of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue and event strategy and management. The company’s elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centres, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people –through the unique power of live experiences.
ASM Global’s diverse portfolio of clients benefit from the company’s depth of resources and unparalleled experience, expertise and creative problem-solving. Each day, the company’s 61,000 passionate employees around the world delivers locally tailored solutions and cutting-edge technologies to deliver maximum results for venue owners, and operations, and amazing experiences for guests. By consistently looking for new ways to envision, innovate and empower the spaces and places that bring people together, ASM Global elevates the human spirit while delivering the highest value for all stakeholders. For more information, please visit www.asmglobal.com