Senior AV Production Coordinator
Advertiser: Te Pae Christchurch Convention CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Event Management
SENIOR AV PRODUCTION COORDINATOR
Te Pae Christchurch Convention Centre
- Based in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Full time position
Opening in October 2020, Te Pae Christchurch is a world class convention centre, centrally located in the heart of Christchurch; the gateway to the magnificent South Island of New Zealand.
Te Pae is proudly managed by ASM Global, Asia Pacific’s leading venue management company and one of the world’s premier convention and exhibition management specialists. An exciting opportunity to be a part of Te Pae’s pre-opening team is now available.
We are looking to appoint a Senior AV Production Coordinator to deliver audio visual production and event set up requirements for complex events at the Te Pae Christchurch Convention Centre.
As the Senior AV Production Coordinator, you will ensure world class quality, delivery and seamless coordination of AV Production and Event Set-up services through effective planning and floor management and close collaboration with multiple departments to deliver to client’s and guest’s requirements.
Our people are the most important part of Te Pae Christchurch. You will nurture a culture that delivers service excellence, high quality standards and values of manaakitanga, to ensure clients’ briefs are met and a successful event is delivered every time.
Te Pae Christchurch is proudly managed by ASM Global, a highly experienced venue management group with a long-standing track record of successfully operating and marketing convention and exhibition centres, theatres, arenas and sporting stadia across the world. The international reach and global meets local approach of ASM Global provides a host of opportunities for networking and career advancement for all casual and permanent staff.
- Assist the AV Production Manager with the development, implementation and regular review of department systems, policies and procedures and suggest improvements to continually meet business requirements.
- Provide support and recommendations to clients during the event planning and delivery stages.
- Identify and resolve challenging situations as they arise both internally and externally.
- Comply with all government legislation and Te Pae procedures and policies.
- Ensure integration of business partners and suppliers in the Te Pae way of doing business including clear communication of services, policies, processes and team culture.
- Management of technical and operational equipment.
- Supervision of Production and Floor Coordinators and casual event production operations staff.
- Assist the AV Production Manager with department budgeting financial management and statistical reporting.
- An Audio-Visual Production Team Leader with five years recent experience in a similar audio visual, production, and event planning role.
- Suitable audio-visual certifications or equivalent work experience in a similar field including audio, lighting and sound or event operations.
- Experience with event management systems, ideally Ungerboeck.
- Experience in convention centre environment or large venue, arena, or stadium.
- Extensive experience with client liaison, problem solving, and solutions oriented.
- Will demonstrate experience in leading and motivating teams to deliver to client needs and general excellence.
- A collaborative leader with excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Will have the ability to influence and negotiate with key stakeholders to achieve advantageous outcomes.
- Ability to think strategically, with an analytical and creative approach to problem solving.
The role requires flexible working hours, the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants must have New Zealand or permanent residency. The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal History Check.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of this exciting pre-opening opportunity with a world class convention centre in the heart of Christchurch, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 5pm November 17, 2019.
About ASM Global
ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the merger of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue and event strategy and management. The company’s elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centres, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people –through the unique power of live experiences.
ASM Global’s diverse portfolio of clients benefit from the company’s depth of resources and unparalleled experience, expertise and creative problem-solving. Each day, the company’s 61,000 passionate employees around the world delivers locally tailored solutions and cutting-edge technologies to deliver maximum results for venue owners, and operations, and amazing experiences for guests. By consistently looking for new ways to envision, innovate and empower the spaces and places that bring people together, ASM Global elevates the human spirit while delivering the highest value for all stakeholders. For more information, please visit www.asmglobal.com