Maintenance Planning Engineer
Advertiser: RobLawMax RecruitmentMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Maintenance
With over 7.5 million litres of petrol, diesel and jet fuel passing through their facility every day, it is no exaggeration to say my client has formed the backbone of New Zealand’s fuel supply management system since it opened in 1983.
An exciting opportunity has opened to join my client in a Maintenance Engineering role, responsible for the day to day operational planning and scheduling requirements of the terminal as well as playing a key role in the resource implementation of new projects planned for the coming years.
This is a critical role to my client and you will work in a small close knit team to ensure the ongoing success of their facilities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Engineering Team in the planning, preparation and execution of Engineering Projects Resource
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all, relevant Engineering and Operations Manuals.
- Assist with the management of the Permit to Work system - including issuing of Permits, Training and Auditing as required (there is a team that handles this for the most part)
- Manage the preventative maintenance management system (CMMS) covering all assets, plant and equipment needs
- Plan and co-ordinate maintenance activities to meet the Maintenance Policy and Plan
- Assist Maintenance Team Leader and Engineering Manager with Management of Change compliance for any engineering/maintenance changes
- Provide leadership with all risks and hazard analysis of maintenance/project activities. Initiate JSAs as required
- Schedule maintenance work and ensure all resources required are available and all necessary work flows have been taken into account
- Ensure the safe execution and completion of all Engineering and Maintenance
- Distribute documents such as policies, quality manuals, standard forms, instructions and procedures to contractors as required
- Develop a systemic plan and approach to review and check all operated assets to identify risks and improvement opportunities and bring these to the attention of the Maintenance Team Leader and Engineering Manager
- Assist the Maintenance Team Leader to prioritise new items and include in Maintenance Plan
Ideally you will already have a minimum of 5 years Oil/Gas Industry Engineering Maintenance / Planning & Scheduling experience.
However we are open to candidates from any High Hazard engineering environment I.E Waste, Power, Chemical Processing, Dairy, Mining, Brewery ect
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Demonstrate a strong focus and genuine interest in HSE Leadership/Management.
- Knowledge and ability to understand, interpret and translate Engineering Drawings and Engineering Codes and Standards.
- Conversant with HSNO.
- Ability to manage time, work under minimum supervision and meet deadlines effectively.
- Ability to set clear priorities, reduce complexity and manage risk.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively.
- Proven experience in Permit to Work systems/risk management/Planning/Scheduling
- Drives positive change, i.e. demonstrates a strong continuous improvement mindset.
- Some knowledge of the oil industry or bulk liquid storage (e.g. dairy or water) would be an advantage
- A relevant tertiary qualification
With an excellent salary package including bonus, super, health insurance and personal development grant and a commitment to ongoing employee training, this is not an opportunity to pass up on! In addition you have a 40 hour working week, YOU set the schedule on - we are ALL about work life balance.
If you think you have the above skills/experience, along with the right attitude to be successful in the role, do not hesitate to apply online today, call Holly on 09 601 8979 or send your CV to Jobs@roblawmax.co.nz quoting reference HS68253