Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Advertiser: Polynesian SpaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Rotorua
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Assistants/Coordinators
Polynesian Spa is looking for a Sales and Marketing superstar to join New Zealand’s leading mineral bathing & spa therapy attraction. Polynesian Spa is one of New Zealand’s most well-known and iconic tourism brands, offering a diverse working environment and a role that will grow with the right person.
This is a full time role based on-site in Rotorua, reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager who is also located on-site.
The winning candidate will possess organisational skills never seen before, an ambition to be hands on continuously learning, have a background in sales and marketing, and drive to get things done within tight deadlines. Relationship management is also a key attribute required within the role, as communication across a range of media is expected.
About Polynesian Spa
In the heart of New Zealand’s geothermal region lies Polynesian Spa, a world-leading, natural mineral bathing and luxury spa retreat, on the tranquil shores of Lake Rotorua.
Channeling the geothermal marvels in its backyard, waters from two natural springs are fed into the 28 mineral pools at Polynesian Spa. The slightly acidic Priest Spring relieves tired muscles, aches and pains while the alkaline waters of the Rachel Spring nourish the skin. Also a retreat for athletes, wellness rituals ensure maximum sports relaxation with hydrotherapy and a reflexology walk.
Specialising in a range of health and wellness treatments, Polynesian Spa has a decadent spa therapy menu. From Aix spa therapies to body wraps, massage and facials, Polynesian Spa is the perfect place to relax and enjoy nature’s gift.
Reviving the body inside and out, the recently renovated café offers a wide range of healthy treats.
With four different bathing areas there truly is something to suit everyone. Combining ancient healing practices with modern techniques, Polynesian Spa is frequently recognised as one of the top 10 spas in the world.
Markets products by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns; tracking sales data; maintaining promotional materials inventory; planning meetings and trade shows; maintaining databases; preparing reports.
Implementation of campaign activities in alignment with the marketing plan
Management of social media – Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Digital Marketing – Digital advertising coordination, EDM’s etc.
- Sales calls – Coordination of local referral schemes and national i-site program
- Collateral management including pricing, quoting, inventory management etc.
- Agency liaison and coordination – graphic design, digital etc.
- Famil program – Coordination and hosting of familiarisations
- Sponsorship program – Run the sponsorship program
- Business events coordination – Liaise with PCO’s to deliver customised conference, events, and incentive programs
- Trade relationships – Develop and enhance key trade relationships to deliver continued sales success through these channels including: key suppliers, Tourism New Zealand, Destination Rotorua and other RTO’s, industry peers and partners etc.
- Planning and execution of tradeshow initiatives
- Representation of Polynesian Spa on related travel as required
- General administration – maintaining order in a super busy department whilst providing support to market managers and the department manager as required
- Qualification in marketing
- Tourism industry background
- Some experience with the Adobe suite
- Vehicle and the right to drive in NZ is important
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter addressing in detail how your skills and experience match the job advertisement. Please also submit an up to date CV showing how your skills, attributes, and experience relate to the position requirements.
Please note due to the volume of applications Polynesian Spa receives, only those shortlisted for a position will be contacted. We wish you all the best for your future endeavors.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following Adobe products are you experienced with?
- Have you completed a qualification in marketing?