Advertiser: Endeavour Park Pavilion SocietyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Marlborough, Blenheim
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Other
Job Description for Facility Assitant
The positon will be employed by Endeavour Park Pavilion Society. The position will report to the Facility Manager.
The position will be based at the, Port Marlborough Pavilion, Endeavour Park, on Waikawa Road, Picton.
- Liaise and coordinate with contractors servicing the facility and ensure the service is of a professional quality.
- Ensure that the Pavilion and associated assets are maintained in good order to ensure a safe and clean environment.
- Maintain accourate financial records.
- Assist the manager in administing recreation programs to ensure that programs are delivered within appropriate guidelines and budgets.
- Assist the manager in developing and maintaining a programme of scheduled bookings and events.
- Attend EPPS board meetings and take minutes and perform other admisterial duties as required at meetings.
2.2 Community Groups
- Support and encourage the use of the Pavilion and adjoining facilities for all appropriate social, cultural, educational, recreation and leisure activities inclusive of community events.
- Assist the manager in the organisation and delivery of community events.
- Be an advocate in the community for the Port Marlborough Pavilion.
2.3 Community Hub
- Foster other sports codes involvement or operation from the Port Marlborough Pavilion.
- Assist with the planning and development of sport and recreation programs.
- Assist the manager to work collaboratively with Queen Charlotte College to develop programmes and events that also make use of College/Community facilities while catering to the needs of the College community.
- Promote the facility as a conference and function centre for Picton and Marlborough.
- Cater for and coordinate the specific requirements of the hirers as required.
2.5 Marketing and Promotion
- Manage and update the Port Marlborough Pavilion’s website/facebook page.
- Assist with flyer delivery or other marketing activities.
- Assist and co-ordinate with other fundraising activities as required.
3.Relevant Experience and Skills
The applicant ideally will:
- have experience in a relevant field.
- be customer focused.
- have strong organisational skills.
- be able to effectively lead and engage with people.
- have strong oral and written communication and negotiating skills and be able to deal with complex and sometimes contentious issues.
- be a team player who can work with volunteers but also has the ability to work independently.
- have an awareness of and experience with established networks within schools, community sports, clubs, sport deliverers, recreation organisations and cultural groups.
- display original thinking and innovative ways to solve problems.
- have experience in safe work practices to ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- be able to identify needs within the community that would benefit from the Port Marlborough Pavilion facilities and then plan and provide solutions to cater for these needs.
- have a bar manager’s licence or be prepared to undertake the necessary training.
4.Hours and Payment
- The position will involve flexible work hours, but should expect 20 hours per week.
- The salary will be $20.00 per hour.
- This is a 6 month fixed term appointment with reviews at the end of 6 months service
- Review will consider:
- Ongoing security of funding.
To be considered for this role, please attach your cover letter and resume.
Applications close Friday 22 November