Parenting Course Facilitator (Building Awesome Whānau)
Advertiser: Parenting PlaceMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Who we are
Parenting Place is a not-for-profit, committed to supporting the whānau of Aotearoa New Zealand to thrive. Our heart is for flourishing relationships, and our hope for this land is also strongly connected to Te Rongopai – the Gospel. For more information, check out our website: www.theparentingplace.com!
About the role
This is role fits within the Programmes department. You will work collaboratively with the Building Awesome Whānau team to serve the aspirations of Whānau Maori through manaakitanga and whanaungatanga through Te kaupapa o Building Awesome Whānau.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with organisations, whānau, hapu and iwi to enable and facilitate whānau participation in and delivery of Building Awesome Whānau;
- Working collaboratively with Building Awesome Whānau Trainers to support training wānanga and co-facilitation phase of training;
- Sourcing new potential funding opportunities in your region
- Participating in Building Awesome Whānau team hui and other Building Awesome Whānau or Parenting Place events as requested from time to time
This is a part time (30 hours per week), 12 month fixed term role based in Tauranga. Work hours are flexible and could include evenings.
Who we are looking for
- Passionate about the vision we have here at Parenting Place
- A real heart and connection to the Tauranga Moana community
- Availability to travel and work outside usual hours (including evenings) in various locations
- Previous experience speaking in front of people is a clear bonus!
Why you will love it here!
With Te Rongopai at the heart of our organisation, we get to do some incredible mahi for the families of New Zealand. You will have the flexibility to complete admin tasks from home, since you will be working remotely. Our collaborative approach will ensure that you are supported and connected to the team. Zooming into our weekly staff meetings will be an entertaining start to your Tuesday!
If you would like to apply, please do so by no later than Friday 22 November 2019, by copying and pasting this link into your browser: