Stock Co-Ordinator / Retail Assistant
Advertiser: Bed Bath and BeyondMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $18.50 - $19.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Retail & Consumer Products, Retail Assistants
Bed Bath & Beyond is a New Zealand retail chain with 58 stores nationwide and future stores in the planning. As one of the largest specialty retail groups in New Zealand; we are recognised for supplying affordable Manchester, linen and home decor products.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced self-motivated Stock Co-Ordinator / Retail assistant to join our new team in the Bed Bath & Beyond Atrium on Elliott Street store, you will be working a minimum 40 hours per week which may include a weekend day during peak trading times. Roster days and times will vary depending on stock deliveries, early morning starts may be a possibility.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in driving growth in store turnover through excellence in customer service and stock management.
- Maintain a high standard in store presentation, VM & housekeeping at all times
- Effective stock management to maximise sales and promotional opportunities and minimise stock loss.
- Unpack and put away stock deliveries in a timely manner.
- Keep all excess stock well organised in the stockroom by category/department and appropriately labelled.
- Receipt transfers in on a daily basis to keep stock levels up to date.
- All details, variances, and discrepancies in received stock are recorded accurately and communicated to management.
- Action any stock discrepancies that day and in accordance with BBB Policy and Procedure.
- Keep accurate records for all inventory movements.
- Keep the stock room clean and tidy.
- Keep storage of stock, fixtures, and fittings organised and tidy.
Our new stock co-ordinator / retail assistant must have:
- At least 1 years retail experience ideally in a retail environment, stock management experience in a Large format store essential.
- Proven customer service and sales experience.
- Has strong organized, logic, and strategic thinking.
- Good written and verbal communication, interpersonal and foundation retail skills.
- Team Player
We can offer you in return:
- The opportunity to work with an exciting extended product range
- Ongoing support, development and training with career succession
- A generous staff discount privileges and a rewarding bonus incentives
- A fun fast pace supportive team environment
If this sounds like you then apply today.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have in the retail industry?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Do you have experience in a sales role?