Quantity Surveyor / Estimator
Advertiser: Farra EngineeringMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Otago, Dunedin
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Industrial Engineering
About the business
For over 150 years Farra has been a central part of the engineering community within the South Island. As a full-service engineering company our team provide innovative and practical engineering solutions to a wide range of local and international customers.
Our solutions are raising the bar and include creating and revolutionising access maintenance equipment, building storage tanks and silos, breathing new life into some of the biggest dams across Australasia and much, much more…you name it, we can create it. As part of our team you won't have a boring old job, you will have variety, with projects always pushing the boundary of the possible, and the foundations for a life-long career.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Dunedin team. This role will be based at head office within our Light Engineering team and offers you a great opportunity to grow and develop. Motivation and a willingness to embrace new learnings is a must.
The main focus of the role includes:
- Dealing directly with clients
- Measuring, estimating, negotiating prices for jobbing and tender work.
- Provision of quotes in timely manner
- Job scheduling and systems development
- QA of completed items when required.
Benefits and perks
What's on Offer:
- Joining a progressive solution focused organisation that can do like no other with proven results.
- Becoming part of a dedicated customer focused team, where people matter
- The chance to build a successful career with ongoing career and development opportunities
- Competitive Remuneration
- An environment where interactions are conducted in a straight up manner
Skills and experience
We require people with the below attributes:
- Communication skills both oral and written
- Computer skills in word processing spreadsheets, CAD (2D and 3D)
- Ability to learn and embrace new software
- Eye for detail and attitude for quality
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy on multiple tasks
- Highly organised, diligent and proactive
- Ability to work positively and collaboratively within a team
- A proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- QS qualification is preferable, but not essential.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Apply online now!
To find out more about Farra and the excited projects we get to be a part of please visit: www.farra.co.nz.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?