Entry Level - Field Services Engineer Christchurch
Advertiser: Desktop Technology Services LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Hardware
- Permanent Role
- Grow your skills and experience
- Career Development Opportunities within the Company
About the Company & Culture
DTSL is a NZ wide service and support organization. We work with some of the largest computer companies in NZ, as local support agents. Head quartered in Wellington, our staff are in 16 locations around NZ.
Our culture is very much quality service delivered on time. We value our people and teamwork. The company is experiencing considerable growth and we require people committed to their career and who understand customer service is our No.1 Goal.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Personal drive to succeed in this profession and enhance your on-going knowledge.
- Join our existing team in a hardware warranty provision capacity.
- Build rapport with clients and colleagues.
- Communicate at all levels within our diverse customer base.
- Manage priorities by putting your good time management skills to use
Skills & Experience:
- IT hardware experience and an understanding across all computer hardware (PC's, notebooks and peripherals).
- Certification on hardware repairs for common brands of equipment.
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly and outgoing.
- Autonomous, resourceful and innovative but know when to escalate issues.
- Enjoy a challenge, work well under pressure.
- Printer Repair Skills would be advantageous.
- Proactive and productive.
- Self-motivated and work unsupervised.
- Great Admin skills with Attention to Detail
- Have a NZ Drivers Licence
- Have access to a motor vehicle.
- Be a NZ Resident or have a valid NZ Work permit.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have professional experience troubleshooting and repairing hardware issues on PC and laptop?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)