Senior Architectural Draughtsperson/Designer
Advertiser: Engage Recruitment SupportMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Hawkes Bay
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architectural Drafting
Our client is a highly reputable consultancy seeking the experience and expertise of a Senior Architectural Draughtsperson/Designer with 8-10 years of commercial practice.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of like-minded professionals, working on a broad range of commercial and residential projects. You will need to hit the ground running in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with many projects on the go at any one time.
The role will include managing staff and productivity, conceptual design, interpreting design on computer-aided draughting equipment, to working drawings, compliance checking and mentoring, ensuring all work is completed to time frames in a compliant manner for residential new builds, complex residential alterations and the more straight forward commercial developments. Work is normally allocated on a project basis, so you would have the opportunity to work on projects from start to finish while liaising with consultants and clients.
Consideration will be given to candidates wanting the opportunity to work on a wider range of projects and those looking for career progression. You may also already have a small existing client base.
This already successful business has a growth plan in place and there are opportunities to develop your career, and for the right person, there may be a Directorship in 4-5 years.
To be successful in this role you must enjoy learning and;
- Have management experience
- Good level of knowledge of construction in New Zealand and the building code
- Practical drafting experience, from start to finish and across a wide range of project types.
- Experienced with using ArchiCAD technology.
- Have analytical skills with an eye for detail and the practical ability to visualise a drawing constructed
- Be technology minded with excellent PC skills and the ability to quickly learn new software
- Have the ability to problem solve without constant supervision
- Have a can-do attitude, and enjoy helping out when and where needed
- Have the ability to work well in an open plan environment
Relocation options may be available for the right candidate but you must be skilled in the NZ building code.
To apply for this role please attach your CV and a covering letter telling us about what you could bring to this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Do you have experience working on residential construction projects?
- How many years' experience do you have as a draughtsperson?
- What's your expected annual base salary?