Advertiser: Parkside MediaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
As the Assistant Accountant you will be supporting management and our internal accounts payable and receivable administrator with BAU transactional accounting functions in Xero, Google Sheets, and MYOB IMS Payroll for a medium-sized media agency. You will have the support of well-established systems and an external CA who assists the team with cashflows, budgeting and EOY reports. The responsibility of the role requires an experienced accounts person looking for flexibility in their work arrangements as this is a part-time, work-from-home opportunity requiring approximately 60–70 hours per month, weighted to the month-end week (30 hours).
- All accounting processes up to Balance Sheet level and reporting to management on a monthly basis or as requested
- General ledger, debtors, creditors, tracking in Xero
- Budget and cashflow forward forecasting for financial year (July–June)
- Reconcile and key to Xero banks, Paypal, internet payments, Shopify and credit cards
- GST and FBT
- Payroll for staff, sales commissions, contractors
- EOM procedures
Demonstrated experience working with transactional accounts in Xero, Google Sheets, MYOB IMS Payroll.
Experience with month-end processes and report generation.
Ideally you’ll have a solid foundation in spreadsheets and good knowledge of Google's GSuite, as much of the company's data is stored and shared via this platform.
You will be confident working remotely via the cloud, and your proven reliability while in an autonomous position to monitor detail and identify potential issues is essential.
Due to other commitments you'll be looking for the flexibility that 60–70 hours per month of part-time work provides, and despite working remotely you will be a good fit for the creative dynamic of our close-knit media agency team.
If you fit the profile above, send your CV together with a brief cover letter telling us why you are best suited to join us, making sure you can confidently show the following:
- 5+years’ transactional accountancy experience
- Demonstrable experience working with the required software
- Impeccable credentials of integrity, trustworthiness, and reliability as evidenced by experience in a similarly autonomous position
- Relevant qualifications to support your practical experience
What’s on offer:
- Flexibility to manage the workload to suit your schedule and work from home
- Ownership of the BAU accounting functions for an evolving creative sector business
- Competitive hourly rate commensurate with responsibility and experience
Applications close 5pm, Friday, 29 November.
Parkside Media was established in 1990 and has grown to be one of New Zealand's leading media and marketing solutions companies, with a diverse portfolio of digital, publishing and broadcast channels. We’re centrally based in modern offices on the city fringe, with good access to all urban transport links.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?