IT Operations Manager
Advertiser: McKechnie Aluminium Solutions LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Taranaki, New Plymouth
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Management
McKechnie Aluminium is New Zealand's leading fully integrated Aluminium Extrusion, Finishing and Fabrication Specialist. We are focused on delivering quality extruded products and precision engineered components that fit seamlessly into our customers' product range. Through building strong relationships and leveraging our advanced thinking and integrated service offering we are able to take on challenges and imagine solutions that others can't.
We are looking for an experienced IT Manager with a passion for problem solving and customer service, who can think innovatively and creatively.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all of the infrastructure, systems as well as security systems and processes. This role presents an opportunity for someone with a strong IT background, solid understanding of IT strategies and trends, plus excellent reporting, analytical and project management skills.
As well as being operational, this is a strategic role and we are looking for someone to take the lead on new technology and visions/ framework for the future, and to help continue to drive growth for the company. You will be a commercially savvy problem solver who can run your own budget and get things done. You will also have strong attention to detail with a continuous improvement mentality.
The company does have an outsourced helpdesk and support function of which you will lead and manage the relationship and ensure that they are playing their part in the successful running of the systems.
This role reports to our CFO who will give you plenty of autonomy to do great work, while you manage a small team of Analyst Programmers.
To be successful in this role, your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualification in IT.
- 5+ years in senior IT engineering or IT operations role.
- Experience (solid technical understanding) of Servers, Storage, Networks and Security infrastructures.
- Understanding of AS400 based systems and infrastructure.
- Experience with cloud services and cloud integrations.
- Experience in best practice IT service operations.
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to motivate a team to deliver outstanding customer outcomes.
- Flexible and adaptable, with ability to accept, advocate and lead change.
If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you. Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or holds a valid work visa.
Applications close Friday 29th November 2019.
Send your application with a cover letter and updated Curriculum Vitae to or for more information contact: Michelle Chan, HR Advisor,