Front Office Manager
Advertiser: Novotel New PlymouthMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Taranaki, New Plymouth
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
Novotel New Plymouth is a beautiful property which opened in Dec 2015. It is located right at the entrance to the city and close to everything New Plymouth has to offer. Novotel New Plymouth has 85 rooms, an a la carte restaurant and bar, conference facilities for up to 250 delegates and an onsite fitness centre.
We are seeking a Front Office superstar to join our management team and successfully manage the day to day operations of Front Office and Reservations. This role is hands on, to lead by example and ensure that there is management support and presence visible on front desk and in the lobby during key times throughout the day. We need our Front Office Manager to be guest centric and performance driven who can lead a team to create an exceptional experience for our guests. To know what our what our guests want, individualising and personalising their stay with us. A true hospitality professional who loves what they do!
Reporting directly to the General Manager, our ideal candidate will either be in a similar position or have experience in hotel front office operations, ready to take the next step in their career. This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a high performing team and assist in maintaining our premier accommodation status in New Plymouth.
To be successful in the role you will;
- Manage the hotel front office operations to achieve a reputation as a market leader in individualised customer focused service
- Be the custodian of the Novotel systems and processes for the front office department ensuring they are in line with business objectives
- Manage the flow, accuracy, and data integrity of all reservations
- Have knowledge of Sales, Revenue and Rate management functions
- Have experience in creating and managing group reservations for leisure and conference groups
- Effective supervision of all guest arrivals and departures from full utilisation of the property management system ensuring accuracy to meet operational needs
- Oversee wage costs daily and maintain productivity to budgeted levels
- Liaise with Housekeeping in regards to readiness of rooms with particular attention to guest’s special requirements and VIP rooms
- Ensure a visible presence throughout the hotel whilst making sure public areas are clean and well presented
- Knowledge of hotel PMS systems is essential, and knowledge of Opera PMS is an advantage
- Be legally entitled to work in New Zealand
- Hold a valid New Zealand Drivers License
- Currently in possession of a Managers Certificate or has the ability to obtain one
The role will commence in early January 2020.
We’re wanting you to challenge the ordinary and be one of the best. If this sounds like you then please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the 'apply now' button below.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for yield management?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
- What is your expected annual salary?
- Do you have a Manager's Certificate or Licence Controller Qualification? If yes, please specify.
- Do you have a full and valid New Zealand driver's licence?