Advertiser: Women's Centre Inc.More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- $25 - $29.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
The Women's Centre is seeking a suitably experienced person for the position of Centre Coordinator who is passionate about inclusiveness and women's issues. This position will start on Monday 27th January 2020.
- Provide administrative support for all services.
- Recruit, mentor and oversee support workers.
- Provide daily crisis support to women.
- Coordinate quarterly training for volunteers.
- Coordinate courses at the Centre.
- In conjunction with the Manager, identify and initiate support groups based on women's self-identified needs.
- Provide administrative support for the counselling service.
- Other administrative tasks as required by the Manager.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Experience in a mentoring role.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Experience in human services/social work or similar field.
- A strong commitment to inclusiveness and diversity.
- A strong commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi in practice.
- Be non judgmental, caring and approachable.
- Be self motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Be open to change, to constructive feedback and growth.
- Be competent in the use of computers.
This position is for 27.5 hours a week to be worked Monday to Friday 8.30am to 2.30pm. The starting rate for this position will be $26 per hour. In addition, a small training allowance is provided for professional development opportunities.
The closing date for applications is Monday 2nd December at 3pm.
Short listed applicants will be interviewed on Monday 9th December.
This position's start date is Monday 27th January 2020.
Please email Lisa for a job description and application form.