Advertiser: Ministry of JusticeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Nov 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Administration Support - Te Arawhiti
Are you looking for your new challenge?
This is your opportunity as we are looking for exceptional and experienced administrator who is happy to work in a fast-paced environment where you will be a professional at prioritising and able to respond to the needs of our office. You will be agile and flexible, as no two days are the same in this role - everyday is different.
The Office for Māori Crown Relations - Te Arawhiti was established as a departmental agency, supported by the Ministry of Justice, at the end of last year. Our work programme is varied and ranges from the settlement of longstanding historical Treaty grievances, administrating the Marine and Coastal (Takutai Moana) Act 2011, ensuring the Crown's Treaty Settlement commitments are met, and supports and provides guidance for relationships between Māori and the Crown.
About the role
The role covers a wide range of general office services, so you will need to use your sound knowledge of office processes and be able to deal with and work through ambiguity. Not only will you will be part of the Business Support team, you will be working to support the teams across Te Arawhiti.
- Booking travel;
- Processing invoices for payment;
- Diary management;
- Logistics for events and meetings;
- Filing; and
- Maintain and update team schedules and work plans.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Intermediate knowledge of Outlook email software, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Word processing and data management skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and planning skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to relate to a wide range of people at all levels;
- Sound knowledge of office procedures, business processes and filing structures;
- National Certificate in Business Administration (level 4), or, other relevant qualification, or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience and a commitment to ongoing development; and
- Government experience would be an advantage.
If you are a fast learner, enthusiastic, flexible, willing to put 100% effort into every day and you are a service focused individual who shows initiative and the willingness to get things done, then this is your next career move.
Salary range: $43,931 - $62,020
The Ministry of Justice is committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. All staff - regardless of gender, race, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, religious or ethical beliefs have access to equal employment opportunities, in recruitment, training and career opportunities and conditions of employment.
To apply, please click on the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description at the site, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on Monday 18 November 2019.