Advertiser: Merlot Aero LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
Finance Manager - Auckland
The airline industry faces pressures like few others – highly regulated, deeply competitive, ultra-visible and with incredibly tight margins. Worldwide over 800,000 pilots and crew must be perfectly aligned with flight schedules in ways that balance on-time performance, cost, compliance and crew satisfaction. That is where merlot.aero comes in. We unleash insights for high performance crews through powerful optimization and mobile automation software. A New Zealand success story, merlot.aero ensures 1.5 million perfect flights a year (and growing). We have a team of 118 strong, an amazing central Ponsonby location, and exciting plans for investment in growth and innovation.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a brilliant, energetic and self-managing Finance Manager to join our Auckland finance team.
As we double down on our growth strategy and continue to expand the Auckland office, you will ensure that the finance function is managed effectively and efficiently. You will actively support commercial decision-making with astute financial insight, data analysis and the ability to identify opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You will be responsible for leading and building the accounting team in line with business growth. This is a varied role in an industry where no two days will be the same.
Some of the core aspects of the role will include:
- Managing financial operations and transaction processing
- Monitoring cash balances and funding levels
- Ownership of customer invoices, debt collection, monthly creditor pay-runs, employee payroll, contractor payments and expenses
- Updating monthly and yearly management accounts and forecasts
- Year-end financial and tax preparation in conjunction with external accountants
- Coordinating research and development and market grants
- Ensuring accuracy of financial results and reporting of results to the CFO
- Development of financial models and commercial analysis
- Creating models to understand profitability of customers, projects and revenue streams
- Working with the sales and account management teams on pricing of projects and change requests
- Responsibility for recruiting, training and building finance team in line with business growth
- Disseminating financial information to cost and revenue stream owners
To thrive in our team you will be results driven and have a high attention to detail. You will be a strong communicator that is able to communicate across all levels of the business.
Technical skills required are:
- CA qualification with a min of 5 years’ experience in management accounting
- Team leadership experience
- Strong background in financial operations, preferably within a small company
- Advanced Excel skills
- Understanding of the complexities of operating an international business across multiple time zones and different cultures
- Previous use of xero accounting system
- Systems upgrade and implementation experience
JOINING OUR TEAM:
- Innovative New Zealand software story headquartered from fantastic central Ponsonby location
- Team events and lunches
- Great culture with strong values