Advertiser: Food Lab PacificMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Nov 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
The opportunity exists for a dynamic team member to bring their experience, creativity and systems thinking to drive operational excellence through great systems and processes. There are no legacy systems to hold back progress, just a fresh start to build from.
Food Lab Pacific provides food manufacturers in New Zealand, particularly dairy product manufacturers, with a service orientated, fast turnaround analytical testing option. The laboratory offers key microbiology, chemistry, and physical attribute test capability, as required for the grading, marketing, export, and sale of dairy products. The company employs a team of skilled and enthusiastic staff who make use of leading edge equipment to provide testing services that customers choose for their speed, accuracy, and value for money.
Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Establishment
- Use good project management practices to ensure our LIMS is established, configured and validated within the required timeframes.
- Relationship management of stakeholders with the Food Lab team, consultants, third-party partner laboratories and LIMS supplier.
- Report to the General Manager on project progress.
- Work with a third-party partner laboratory, consultant and LIMS supplier to establish LIMS database access.
- Configure the LIMS to meet the requirements of the laboratory operation, including setting up: methods, workflows, internal management reporting templates, interfaces that allow transfer of data between LIMS and other IT systems and client reporting templates, including electronic data file formats.
- Provide LIMS training to the Food Lab team
- Develop instructional documentation to support LIMS users
- Identify business continuity risks and implement mitigation strategies
- Identify data security risks and implement mitigation strategies
Ongoing Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Development
- Drive operational excellence through optimised use of LIMS throughout the laboratory.
- Maintain an expert user knowledge of LIMS
- Manage the continuous LIMS improvement program.
- Manage day-to-day LIMS development tasks.
- A strong commercial and customer focus, recognising that our business is all about the customers we serve.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and valued by colleagues as a team player.
- Values the opportunity to help shape a growing business and enjoys being part of a dynamic and changing environment.
- Able to prioritise a range of competing tasks and manage time well so that the best business outcomes are acheived
- Self-motivated, and able to work without close supervision.
Required Knowledge & Abilities
- Experience working in a commercial analytical testing laboratory is valuable.
- An interest in and experience with computers and computer systems. While extensive programming is not required, familiarity with office365 applications (excel, word, etc.) is required.
- Previous experience with databases and network administration would be a bonus.
- Numeracy – can accurately work with numbers.
Deadline for applications is 22nd November.
To apply, please click apply now.
For a video of Innovation Park, please see below.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?