Advertiser: One Stop PakMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
About the business
One Stop Pak is a packaging business based in Otahuhu with a long history in the industry. We service the NZ market with a wide range of product that includes food packaging, wrapping materials and washroom supplies.
About the role
Assistant Accountant (predominately)
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring that they are presented for monthly sign-off and that all clearing entries are actioned
- Prepare for review and post monthly journal entries and accruals
- Financial transactions are checked and correctly recorded in the general ledger
- Assist with reviewing of expenses and coding analysis
- Review monthly Trial Balance
- Assist in the preparation of accurate and timely monthly management accounts and the annual statutory accounts
- Prepare for review GST and FBT returns
- Prepare reports/analysis for management
- Manage the fixed assets register to ensure all company assets are correctly accounted for
- Maintain accounting documents and records, ensuring all files are up to date
Accounts Payable (minor)
- Ensure invoices are received on a timely basis
- Ensure all invoices are appropriately coded and authorised prior to making payment
- Reconciling invoices against statements and balances payable in accounting system
- Accurately process and pay all creditor invoices within set timeframe
- Mailing out payment remittance advices after payments have been processed
- Liaise with suppliers where necessary re queries, administration etc
Skills and experience
Skills and experience
- Accounting degree or diploma
- At least 2 to 4 years' finance/accounts experience with sound knowledge of technical accounting standards
- Highly numerate with good attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Good time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as there will likely be sensitive information and figures discussed
You must have the right to live and work in NZ to apply for this job.
No agencies please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?