Residential Architectural Draftsperson Dunedin
Advertiser: Balmac B&D LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Nov 2019
- Otago, Dunedin
- $65,000 - $74,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architectural Drafting
Balmac Buildings and Development builds and designs a wide range of quality accommodation from renovating classic homes, student accommodation and high-end new builds. We are looking for a structural architectural draftsperson who will work with us on a range of residential properties in Dunedin.
We are looking for a passionate and skilled draftsperson to join a growing team to accelerate and streamline our consenting process.
Ideally, you will be able to offer a minimum of 3 years' experience and have strong competencies in drawing to DCC standards.
Duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Preparation of construction drawings
- Liaise and collaborate with surveyors, engineers, planners and other architects and builders.
- Compilation of Design and Build specifications for subcontractors, as well as the evaluation of subcontractor pricing
- Collation of building and resource consent documentation, as well as liaison with local authorities in regard to consent approval progress.
What you will be able to offer:
- A minimum of three years experience in a similar role
- Solid experience with both structural and architectural drafting methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great time management
- Thorough working knowledge of current NZ construction methodologies
- Able to build rapport with the council
- Good spacial awareness
- Familiar with building sites
- Can work independently
- Keen to learn and upskill
Please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- How many years' experience do you have as a draughtsperson?