Nursery workers required...
Advertiser: Rainbow Park Nurseries LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Papakura & Franklin
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Horticulture
Rainbow Park Nurseries, one of the largest wholesale nurseries in the country is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their friendly team in South Auckland. We produce a comprehensive selection of houseplants and outdoor tree and shrub lines for supply to other nurseries, garden retailers and landscapers throughout New Zealand.
We currently require people to work in the glasshouse or out in the tree nursery.
When working in the glasshouse, you will be potting, care and maintenance of the plants. This will involve heavy lifting and operation of automated potting equipment.
When working in the tree nursery, you will be required to use your horticultural and production techniques to work in an organized and methodical manner with the team.
These roles are Monday to Friday permanent full-time positions working from 8 am to 4.30 pm, peak season is September through to January where you may need to work up to 50 hours per week.
Skills & Experience
For you to be effective in this role, you will:
- have good communication skills
- a keen eye for detail
- be health and safety conscious and compliant
- have the physical ability to lift up to 20 kgs
- have a flexible and adaptable attitude
- have previous nursery experience or relevant Horticultural qualification, an advantage
- have an interest in plants and trees
We are offering the right candidate a stable and secure employment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online including your CV.
Only applicants who are a NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident will be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected hourly rate?