Event Delivery Team Member - The Races
Advertiser: The RacesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Nov 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Trades & Services, Labourers
Event Delivery Team Member
Looking for a fun & energetic summer job? We have 2 opportunities left to join our Christchurch based Events Delivery Team – get in quick!
· Fun & exciting industry & events
· Unique locations & regional travel in NZ
· Awesome team environment - work hard play hard!
We are looking for physically fit and creative individuals to join The Races Event Delivery Team in Christchurch. From the Spring Racing Carnival to Christmas at the Races - and all the fantastic events and festivals, race days and carnivals in between – we need you to make it happen!
You will be part of a regional team of five, delivering first class event experiences, installing event infrastructure and implementing and maintaining event practices throughout the country. Overnight stays and weekend work are required in these roles.
You will be kept busy! Check out some of the fun stuff you will be facilitating:
· Operate franchise activities at the events, such as Kids Go Racing, by interacting with the public and creating a positive experience
· Work with all members to ensure full and correct event setup and implementation of events
· Promote activities which engage new customers with the sport
If you don't mind a bit of hard physical work putting up and theming marquees/clubrooms and know how to make a room look great, this could be the ideal summer job for you.
Every day requirements include:
· Transport marquees and/or event equipment to racecourses on time and safely
· Set up Marquee villages at the racing events, ensuring placement is in the correct area as specified by the Club
· Ensure racecourse is fitted out with directional signage and flags & sponsors equipment
· Set up decorations and other event material supplied
· Service marquees on the day as required
What's in it for you?
What better way to see NZ on your working summer holiday or during your Uni break? We will pay you, transport you and house you during event times - plus ensure that you have appropriate attire and receive a meal allowance whilst on the road and overnight. Your team will be your tribe, and you will spend your days building awesome event areas and interacting with happy groups of customers and guests.
What do we need from you?
A great attitude! And a commitment to working hard - we don't let our team down here at The Races.
There will be some long hours, some tiring work, and some tight deadlines - but we commit to looking after you and your team on the road, and to help you enjoy the summer as we work to pull off these awesome events.
· Drivers Licence (Class 2 is ideal, not essential) - must be able to drive a manual vehicle (stick shift)
· Availability over weekends and holiday periods
· Friendliness and a 'can do' attitude
· Proven ability to problem solve and work unsupervised
· Experience working with children
· Excellent Customer Service experience - hospitality, events, retail
· Physically fit with no injuries that affect your ability to lift items & set up event props
As The Races is committed to providing a safe workplace, the successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment Drug, Alcohol and Medical testing.
Please provide your current CV and a covering letter outlining why you are the most suitable applicant for this role - and make sure that you include your preference for location to work.