Customer Service Underwriter
Advertiser: NM Insurance Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Underwriting
Nautilus Marine Underwriting Agency is an Auckland CBD based underwriting agency offering marine and motorcycle insurance lines across New Zealand via our insurance broker and distribution partners. We are part of the NM Insurance Group who proudly employ over 60 staff across Australia and New Zealand. Our business requires a professional, energetic and customer focussed underwriter to support our fast growing marine and motorcycle portfolio.
An opportunity has arisen for a full-time Customer Service Underwriter to join us based out of our Auckland offices. Office hours will be Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm.
With this role you will be responsible for supporting insurance placements, referrals and assisting with internal administrative requirements. This dynamic role is diverse and within a small team, critical that the candidate coming aboard can self-manage their time, be flexible with responsibilities, and have a customer first focus within a compliant, strict set of business standards and controls.
Ideally, the candidate will have been experienced in customer / broker facing general insurance roles, preferably with a marine or consumer line history. You will be also computer and system process efficient.
- Underwriting and customer support within strict underwriting guidelines.
- Supporting business partners who distribute and negotiate motorcycle and marine lines.
- Engaging in a team environment to support portfolio and company requirements.
- Responding to customer telephone and other electronic enquiries.
- Servicing internal and external customer needs in a professional, empathetic and personable manner.
- Reporting to line managers salient information regarding customer and internal engagement to allow the business to grow successfully.
- Contributing to a culture of compliance, support and professionalism both internally and externally.
- Processing and assisting with referrals from business development teams across Australia and New Zealand.
- Reporting and promoting potential compliance risks and incidents within our regulatory framework.
- Sound knowledge of the general insurance industry and underwriting procedures.
- Sales experience, with sales experience highly desirable.
- Outstanding customer service focus and skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High professional and ethical standards.
- Ability to prioritise and balance multiple tasks.
- Ability to perform in a team environment.
- ANZIIF qualified or similar
We offer a friendly, supportive and professional working environment and look forward to receiving your resume and cover letter outlining your ability to perform this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in the insurance industry?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have customer service experience in the insurance industry?