Te Herenga Tangata Support Worker
Advertiser: JOYNMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Nov 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Te Whare Hauora (Otautahi Women’s Refuge) is here to empower and support whanau Maori and communities who choose a life free from violence and abuse in all its forms and is looking to add a Whanau Support worker - Te Herenga Tangata - to the organisation here in Christchurch on a part time 30 hours per week basis.
We are looking for a resilient, self-aware individual who is able to provide design and planning support and advocacy and who has strong Te Ao Maori values. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who already has strong experience or the relevant qualifications and who is whanau centric in their approach.
About the role:
- Assisting in the creation, testing and learnings for client / whanau and developing whanau centered practices in the co-design group
- Being able to forge excellent relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including clients, whanau, community and Government departments
- Having knowledge and experience with risk assessment, protection / parenting orders, case management and peer support
-30 hours per week
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a social service agency working with vulnerable families and experience working with whanau, hapu or iwi
- Excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to work in a fluid and sometimes stressful environment
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi Treaty of Waitangi
- A relevant qualification or experience required and being a trained refuge advocate an advantage
We offer a supportive and nurturing environment with a great team and excellent on boarding to people who are happy to have a dynamic work environment and can demonstrate their initiative and relevant experience.
The successful candidates will need to have strong administration and reporting skills (including excel) and be able to pass NZ police vetting and Vulnerable Children’s Act check as well as a full, clean drivers’ licence.
If this sounds like you then please either apply online or call for a confidential chat – firstname.lastname@example.org 021 109 1285