Advertiser: DeltaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Nov 2019
- Otago, Rest of Otago
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Management
Works Scheduler – Cromwell Central Otago
Delta is your smart thinking infrastructure specialist. We construct, manage and maintain essential energy and environmental infrastructure. Every day we make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We make communities better for people to live, work and play in – keeping the lights on, the trees trimmed and the parks green.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Works Scheduler to join our Central Otago Electrical Distribution team based in our main office in Cromwell. Here is an opportunity to gain satisfaction from making a real difference to our business practice.
Reporting to the Planning Manager, this busy role involves planning and scheduling of our resources across multiple skill types and for numerous customers. This scheduling facilitates efficient resource utilization, consistent and effective planning and hence supports safe delivery of work. Use of our scheduling software will give visibility of the resource utilization, forward workload and capacity supporting good business decision making.
Communication with all internal and external stakeholders will be critically important in ascertaining the resource requirements for work. You will be working closely with our Project Managers, Designers, Estimators and Field Managers and clients to gather information, requirements and schedule resource accordingly. Ongoing upkeep, maintenance and development of the planning and scheduling tools will be an important challenge.
This role would suit individuals with planning or scheduling experience, who are seeking a challenge and enjoy working in a dynamic high energy contracting environment.
- 2+ years experience as a Works/Project Scheduler, Production Planner, Project Coordinator or relevant practical or technical experience
- Strong experience with project and program reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience using an online Scheduling tool or system
- You hold relevant tertiary qualifications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and in plain language
- Proven organisational skills along with the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines whilst maintaining the highest level of accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively to business and technical teams across all levels of the business, maintaining effective working relationships
- Ability to build relationships with a range of customers
- Sound judgement, discretion and proven ability to work under pressure
- Experience working in complex and fast paced change environments.
What’s on offer?
· A challenging and varied role where no day is the same
· Making a real difference to our business practice for Central Otago Distribution
· Joining a progressive organisation
· Career and development opportunities
· A competitive remuneration package
· A fun and supportive work environment.
If you think this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Apply now!
Delta is an equal opportunities employer, providing competitive remuneration and structured support for your career development. To apply, and to find more information on Delta please visit www.thinkdelta.co.nz. Check out our employees at work in the World’s Best Office at http://www.theworldsbestoffice.com/.