Advertiser: Livingstone Building LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Nov 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
Livingstone’s is a homegrown success story, with two Waikato brothers buying a small Te Awamutu business in 1982 and expanding it into a highly respected construction company that operates throughout the country and now has branches in Waikato, New Plymouth, Bay of Plenty and Auckland.
Due to our continued growth, we have created a new position for an accountant and if you are a proven leader with a flair for figures, this may be the perfect role for you. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer you will manage all the accounts receivable, payable and payroll functions within the business. You will be a self-starter; solutions orientated and enjoy mentoring and coaching others.
Your main tasks will include:
- Providing leadership to the account and payroll team
- Preparing the books of account to trial balance
- Preparing monthly P&L and balance sheet reconciliations
- Managing all day to day accounting processes
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Performing daily bank reconciliations and cashflow
- Cover Accounts Payable and Payroll functions as and when required
- Providing training and support to the Accounts and Payroll Administrators
To be successful in the role, it is essential that you have all rounded accounting skills (minimum 3 years as an Accountant) with substantial experience in and knowledge of payroll. Supervisory experience of accounting and/or payroll employees is also important. A degree in accounting is preferred but we are open to consider people with strong relevant experience but no formal qualifications.
To find out about the next step in your career, click on the apply now button. Only those already living and working in New Zealand will be considered for this position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?