Advertiser: Parininihi ki WaitotaraMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Nov 2019
- Taranaki, New Plymouth
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Tihei Mauriora e te motu. He karanga tēnei ki te waonui a Tane e pa ana ki ngā kaimahi hou kei raro i te korowai a Parininihi ki Waitotara.
Parininihi ki Waitotara (PKW) is a Māori Incorporation based in Taranaki, Aotearoa. Managing a diverse asset portfolio, PKW oversees 20,000 hectares of some of the most productive dairy land in the world, as well as a range of other interests, including crayfish, forestry and commercial property. With a business approach committed to innovative and sustainable asset and land management, PKW protects, manages and invests in shareholders’ assets for future generations.
PKW are seeking an Assistant Accountant who will report to the Chief Financial Officer and be part of a dynamic finance team. This role is permanent fulltime. The PKW Group encompasses a range of operations across multiple entities. The key aspects of this role are to manage day to day transactions, accounting processes and reporting requirements of various PKW Group entities to ensure timely and accurate payment/receipting and transaction management along with delivery of efficient and effective financial and accounting support to the operations of the PKW Group.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant:
- Cash Management
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Financial Accounts
- Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Fixed Assets
- Accounting System & Processes
- Audit and Internal Controls
- Relationship & stakeholder management
- Organisational responsibilities
PKW would like to invite applications from candidates qualified in accounting, finance and/or a related discipline or an Accounting Technician, or on a pathway to become a Chartered Accountant who feel they can successfully execute the role. Applicants will require 2-3 years’ experience in accounting/finance related roles including the preparation of financial accounts. A genuine commitment to supporting Māori aspirations is required along with an advanced ability of working in the Microsoft Suite and other relevant software. Some knowledge of agribusiness would also be an advantage but not essential.
Applicants can request a copy of the position description from Jacqui King via email@example.com. Please apply via the seek website.
Applications for this position will close on Wednesday, 20 November at 5.00pm
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?