Advertiser: Mount Aspiring CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Nov 2019
- Otago, Queenstown & Wanaka
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Maintaining computer and network equipment in operating condition, including loan/equity devices
- Meeting the technology needs of Mt Aspiring College network users (students and staff)
- Assisting in the implementation and maintenance of back-end systems and hardware.
- Setting up of computers, including student’s own devices (hardware and software) and other ICT equipment for classroom, administrative and individual use.
- Assess malfunctions of hardware for the purpose of determining appropriate actions to maintain computer and network operations.
- Inspect computer and network equipment with sufficient troubleshooting skills for the purpose of identifying and repairing network/computer.
- Repairs computers/laptops, peripherals, network equipment and software as required.
- Assist in maintaining a current inventory of hardware and software utilized by Mt Aspiring College.
- Configure, update and install technology related devices on the network.
- Work with Microsoft, Google, Apple, Ministry of Education, Network for Learning and other vendors in the repair or maintenance of equipment and services.
- Assist in installing and configuring computing, network and AV hardware.
- Support staff and students’ IT needs at the school through a help-desk/drop-in office during school/business hours.
The following skills, qualities and experience are sought:
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and the community.
- Knowledge of Windows, Macintosh and other operating systems used within the school.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and peripherals.
- Knowledge of common internet browsers, office software and other relevant software/tools.
- Some knowledge of networking concepts, devices and security.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to self-direct.
Job Requirements: Minimum qualifications, skills, knowledge and abilities required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
- Hours of work 30 per week with some flexibility of how hours are worked.
- Term-time only.
- Hourly rate based on the Support Staff in Schools Collective Agreement – based on qualifications and experience.