Fixed-term part-time Receptionist needed at central city hostel!
Advertiser: Dorset House Lodge LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Nov 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Front Office & Guest Services
Come and work in the tourism industry! A perfect student job! Dorset House is an upmarket Backpackers Hostel for travellers, next to Hagley Park in central Christchurch.
We are looking for a fixed-term part-time receptionist/cleaner to work 8 hours per week, 9am to 5pm every Sunday, with the potential for additional midweek shifts, to be discussed during interview process. This is a fixed-term part-time role, which gives you a mix of reception and housekeeping duties (about 4 hours per day will be spent on hostel cleaning). Flexibility and the ability to provide cover on other days in case of illness is an advantage.
The position is sole-charge for part of the day. Previous sole-charge experience is an advantage but is not essential.
We are looking for someone with excellent customer service skills who has initiative, confidence, independence, is a multitasking champion and who can handle responsibility. The successful applicant will be computer literate, excellent at multitasking and have a strong eye for detail. They will have a passion for travel and an interest in their surroundings. Hostel experience isn't essential as training will be provided, but customer focus and a genuine smile are a must!
Your day will be busy and varied. Work and responsibilities will include:
- Opening & closing the reception, and being solely responsible for the hostel during your shift
- To ensure money handling is accurate and correct at all times and report any discrepancies immediately.
- Ensure efficient and correct check-in and check-out procedures are maintained.
- To attend to all guest requirements promptly and diplomatically.
- To offer friendly and accurate guidance regarding facilities and activities available outside the hostel.
- Tour and travel sales
- Making beds, cleaning bathrooms and the kitchen
- Vacuuming, dusting and laundry duties
You will be working with a great team in a hostel that feels like home.
You will be required to be available to work over public holidays. Over the Christmas and New Years period you would be required to work extra shifts.
Your first sole-charge shift would be mid-late November, with 40 hours of training leading up to this during the week (will be spread over two to three weeks).
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. You must be either a New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a current and open work visa with at least 12 months until expiry.
Please apply online or via email, include a CV and cover letter in your application. No phone calls please. Applications should be addressed to:
Dorset House Backpackers
For more information about the hostel, visit our website at www.dorset.co.nz or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?